Whole seed roasted flaxseed adds crunch, textures and nutrition to this impressive salad.
- 2 red apples, sliced into 12 wedges
- 250 ml water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 cups baby greens
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 4 Tbsp whole seed golden roasted flaxseed
- 1/2 cup poaching liquid
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbps flax oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a large sauce bring water, lemon juce and sugar to a boil.
- Add slided apples and gently poach until tender- crisp, 2-3 minutes
- Carefully spoon out fruit and cool. Reserve liquid.
- For the dressing: mix all ingredients in a small cup.
- Arrange baby greens on 4 plates.Top with 6 apples slices.
- Roll goat cheese in whole golden roasted flaxseed.
- Slice into 12 slices and place evenly on each salad.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Adapted and modified after SaskFlax World Class Recipes
- Approximate values per Serving: Calories:270 kcal/Total Fat: 15.7 g/Saturates:6.4/Cholesterol: 25 mg/Sodium:170 mg/ Carbohydrates: 24 g/Fibre:5.8 g/Sugar: 14 g/Protein: 10.8 g/Calcium: 24%DV/Iron: 26% DV/Potassium: 2%DV