- 1-2 turnips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milled golden raosted flaxseed
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Peel, dice and boil turnips until soft tender.
- Drain, add 1 Tbsp. butter and mash,
- Peel, slice and chop apples.
- Mix with brown sugar, milled golden roasted flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Slightly butter a casserole dish.
- Alternate layers of turnip and apple mixture.
- For the topping in abowl combine flour, 1/3 cup of brown sugar and butter.
- Spoon over turnip-apple mixture.
- bake for 1 hour in preheated oven at 350 F.