This stuffing is fruity and light. Makes enough stuffing for a 10 lb turkey.
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2.5 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup milled golden roasted flaxseed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole golden roaosted flaxseed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Saute celery, carrots, onion in butter.
- Sesaon with salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Add mixture to bread cubes. Mix well. Add apples ,milled roasted flaxseed, broth, whole roasted flaxseed and cranberries.
- Place in a 12 cup casserole dish, slightly buttered. Cover and abke for 40-45 minutes
- Approximate values per serving: Energy: 185 kcal/Total Fat: 9 g/Saturates:2.3 g/Cholesterol: 180 mg/Carbohydrates: 23 g/Fibre: 6 g/Protein/Calcium: 4% DV, Iron: 7%DV/Potassium: 3 % DV