Makes 12 slices
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed banans ( about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Brown rice flour blend ( see below)
- 1/2 cup milled golden roasted flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, currants, cranberries or chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch
- 1 cup tapioka flour
Brown Rice Flour Blend
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease an 8.5x4.5-inch nonstick (gray, not black) pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, bananas, oil, vanilla, and eggs on low speed until well blended, about 30 seconds
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour blend, flax seed, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt until well blended.
- Gradually beat it into the banana mixture on low speed until no flour is visible, about 30 seconds.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins. Spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes
- Per slice: Energy: 263 kcal Total Fat: 11 g Saturates: 1 g PUFA: 5.52 g Omega-3 ALA: 2.1 g Omega-6 LA: 2.3 g Monounsaturates: 4 g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 227 mg Total Carbohydrate: 40 g Dietary Fibre: 1.8 g Sugar: 22 g Protein: 3 g Calcium: 31 mg Iron: 1 mg