A true vegan option for all the cookie lovers out there!
Recipe adapted from Jae Steele’s 2008 cookbook Get It Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Cooking and Living.
Makes 20 cookies.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 0.25 cup roasted flaxseed
- 0.5 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 cup canola oil or sunflower oil or olive oil
- In a large bowl mix together flour , roasted flaxseed, cinnamon, sea sal. Add Maple syrup and oil just until absorbed.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a table spoon roll into balls and place on parchment paper 2.5 cm apart.
- Indent with your index and middle finger like a peace sign to create a wave like impression.
- Bake in batches at 350 F until bottom is golden for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before moving to a rack.
- Nutrition Facts per cookie:Total Fat: 6.6 g/Saturated Fat: 0.5 g/Cholesterol: 0 mg/Sodium: 1 mg/Total Carbohydrates: 14 g/Fibre 1.6 g/Sugars: 4.7 g/Protein: 1.7 g/Vitamin D: o mcg/Calcium: 10 mg/Iron: 1 mg/Potassium; 65 mg