Yields: 14 slices
- 1 cup hand warm milk ( 240 ml)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (7 g)
- 2 Tbsp milled roasted flaxseed ( 15 g)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil ( 60 mL)
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup ( 60 mL)
- ½ tsp apple cider ( 2.5 mL)
- 1/3 cup roasted whole flax seeds (40 g)
- 1/3 cup hulled sunflower seeds (40 g)
- 3 cups Brown Rice Flour Blend ( 345 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan ( 5 g)
- 1 tsp salt ( 5 g)
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch
- 1 cup tapioka flour
brown rice flour blend
- Place the warm milk in the large bowl of an electric stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast and flaxseed over the milk and let stand until the yeast is frothy, about 5 to 8 minutes
- Generously grease an 8x4-inch nonstick (gray, not black) loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk in the egg, oil, maple syrup, vinegar, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds until well blended.
- Add the flour blend, xanthan gum, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, blend the ingredients until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula, about 30 to 45 seconds. The dough will be soft.
- Place the dough in the pan and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Tent the bread with foil and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until the center of the loaf is one inch above the top of the pan, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF degrees (190ºC).
- Bake until crust turns brown approximately 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Approximate nutritional value Per Slice:Energy: 224 kcal Total Fat:7 g Saturates: 1 g PUFA: 3 .2 g Omega-3 ALA: 1.6 g Omega-6 LA: 1.6 g Monounsaturates: 3.0 g Cholesterol: 16 mg Sodium: 148 mg Total Carbohydrate: 36 g Dietary Fibre: 2.3 g Sugar: 4 g Protein: 4 g Calcium: 16 mg Iron: 1.2 mg