Makes 20 bread sticks
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milled roasted flaxseed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yeast dry
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 -1 3/4 cup hand warm water
- 1/4 cup whole golden roasted flaxseed
- 2 tbsp milk
- In a cup mix yeast, sugar and ¼ cup warm water. Let sit for 3 minutes until yeast becomes active.
- In a large bowl mix flour with salt and milled roasted flaxseed.
- Add yeast mixture and mix slightly.
- Gradually add warm water and mix dough by hand with a spoon orusing the hook in the kitchen machine until it form as a ball.
- Dough should not stick to the bowl and should feel soft and smooth. Knead dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic warp and let rest for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place whole seed roasted flaxseed in a flat dish for later use.
- Divide dough in 20-24 small portions and carefully roll each portion into a sausage -like stick.
- Brush with warm milk and roll in whole roasted flaxseed.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best eaten fresh.