Makes a 12″ pizza
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2/3 cup milk, warm or milk alternative
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp roasted flaxseed, milled
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cidre vinegar
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in milk for five minutes. In food processor, blend all remaining ingredients, including yeast mixture, until soft dough forms
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Generously grease a 12-inch round nonstick (gray, not black) metal pizza pan.
- Put dough on pan. Liberally sprinkle rice flour onto dough; then press dough into pan with hands, continuing to dust dough with flour to prevent sticking.
- Bake pizza crust on bottom rack of oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add your favorite pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake the crust on the middle rack of the oven for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack, then cut into 6 slices and serve.