Makes 24 bars
- 3/4 cup honey ( 255 mL)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ( cashew/almond) (64 mL)
- 1 tbsp vanilla ( 15 mL)
- 2 cups pure uncontaminated rolled oats - not quick oats ( 192 g)
- 1/2 cup roasted milled flaxseed ( 65 g)
- 1/2 cup roasted whole flaxseed ( 65 g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (40 g)
- 1/3 cup dries fruit such as raisins, apricots, cranberries ( 38 g)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds ( 38 g)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds ( 28 g)
- 1/4 cup roasted hemp seeds ( 30 g)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (3 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (2 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 g)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160C).
- Line a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine the honey, peanut butter, and vanilla in a glass measuring cup and heat in a microwave until liquid. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, milled flaxseed, whole flaxseeds, coconut, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt until well blended.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and blend well.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted tooth pick comes out dry.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Approximate nutritional value per bar:Energy: 127 kcal Total Fat: 6 g Saturates: 1.1 g PUFA: 3.7 g Omega-3 ALA: 2.5 g Omega-6 LA: 1.2 g Monounsaturates: 1.0 g Cholesterol:0 mg Sodium: 89 mg Total Carbohydrate: 15 g Dietary Fibre: 2.4 g Sugar: 11 g Protein: 3 g Iron: 2.2 mg (14%)