Easy- chewy- nutritious! Makes 12 brownies.
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g (6 tbsp) milled golden roasted flax seed
- 50 g (5 tbps) whole seed golden roasted flax seed
- 200 g dates (soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 100 g walnuts or hazelnuts
- 30 g cranberries , dried, optional
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 6 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whizz for at least 30 seconds until a soft dough- like texture forms.
- Press into a parchment lined square dish using a spatula or your fingers so base is spread out evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares or rectangular bars.
- Version 2: roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in whole seed roasted flaxseed.
- Place on parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Approx. nutrition facts/serving: Calories: 240 kcal/Fat: 11 g/Saturates: 1.2 g/Cholesterol: 0 mg/Sodium: 5 mg/Carbohydrates: 29.5 g/Fibre: 6.3 g/Sugars: 14 g/Proten: 6 g/Vit.D. o mcg/Calcium: 27 mg/Iron: 4 mg/Potassium: 350 mg6CalV