For a 19 inch pie
Makes 8 slices
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup whole roasted flaxseed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp milled roasted flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1 16 oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup stevia or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine ground flax seed and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make crust, pulse walnuts, oats, and dates in the bowl of a food processor until everything comes together. You'll know it's mixed completely when it sticks together if you press on it.
- Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom and sides a 9-inch pie plan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flax+water mixture, pumpkin, stevia (or sugar), and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and bake for 45-60 minutes, until the center is mostly firm.
- Let cool completely to room temperature, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. This will allow the pie to completely firm up.