- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp yeast +1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milled roasted flaxseed
- 1/2 cup whole seed roasted flaxseed
- 1 tbsp caraway ( whole or ground)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp whole seed roasted flaxseed
1 1/2 -2 cups hand warm water
- In a small dish mix yeast, sugar with 1/2 cup warm water.
- Let sit until yeast becomes active for about 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl mix flour, flaxseed whole & milled, salt, caraway. Mix.
- Mixin yeast mixture, add water gradually and knead until dough forms a ball.
- Adjust with water or flour if dough is too dry or too sticky.
- Cover with a clean towel and let sit on a warm place until doubled.
- Place dough on a dry clean surface and divide into 2 equal pieces and shape into two loaves.
- Brush each loaf with milk on both sides and cover with whole roasted flaxseed.
- Place in a loaf pan each and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake loafs for 30-35 minutes.
- Approx.nutritional value/slice: Calories: 250 kcal/Fat: 6.6. g/Saturates: 0.5 g/Cholesterol: 0 mg/Sodium: 500 mg/Carbohydrates: 39 g/Fibre: 5 g/Protein: 8 g/Vit.D: 0 mcg/Calcium: 28 mg/Iron: 3 mg/Potassium: 80 mg;