These crackers are fun to make and yummy with hummus or salsa!
- 3 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milled roasted flaxseed
- 1/3 cup whole roasted flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tbps Montreal steak spice
- 11/2 cups warm water ( 40 degree Celsius)
- topping: some coarse salt or additional Montreal steak spicel
- In a food processor combine flour, salt, whole and milled flaxseed, pepper and steak spice. Process for 10 seconds
- Add water all at once and run processor until dough forms a ball (about 20 seconds).
- Adjust the dough with water or flour (1 tbsp) at a time if dough to make a smooth dough that is no longer sticky to the touch.
- Process another 60 seconds (to knead). Put dough in a plastic bag or covered bowl to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 ⁰ F (200 ⁰C).
- On a clean surface cut dough into 8 pieces and roll out into a 9inch (22,5 cm) circle.
- Spray crackers with water and sprinkle with coarse salt or additional steak spice.
- Cut circle into 8 -12 triangles. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Check frequently near the end of baking cycle as cracker tend to darken quickly
- Makes 8 large round crackers. Serving: 3/4 cracker
- Approx. nutrition facts/svg.: Calories: 60 kcal/ Fat: 2 g/Saturates: 0.8 g/Polyunsatures: 0.6 g/ Cholesterol: 0 ,g/Sodium: 160 mg/Carbohydrates: 10 g/Fibre: 2.7 g/Protein; 2.6 g/Potassium: 83 mg