- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp nuts ( pecans, almonds, walnuts)
- 2 tbsp milled golden roasted flaxseed
- 1/4 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- Add oats, turmeric, pepper, raisins, water and 1 cup almond milk in small sauce pan, mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Cook over gently heat for about 8 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Stir frequently.
- Transfer content into a bowl.
- Top with chopped nuts and golden roasted flaxseed.
- Add additional milk or more raisins if desired.
- Serve warm.
- Optional: serve with fresh fruit.
- Approximate nutrition facts/serving:Calories: 535 kcal/fat: 19 g/Saturates: 5 g/Cholesterol: 25 mg/Sodium; 5 mg/Carbohydrates: 67 g/Fibre: 11 g/Protein: 22 g/Vit.D: 2 mcg/Calcium: 430 mg/Iron: 3 mg/Potassium: 380 mg