An easy bread to make- ready within an hour.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole roasted flaxseed
- 1/3 cup milled roasted flaxseed
- 6 tbsp sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp each whole roasted flaxseed and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Prepare 23x 13 cm (9x5 inch) loaf pan. Slightly spray with oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flours, salt, brown sugar, baking powder, flaxseeds, other seeds. Stir well.
- In another bowl beat together egg, buttermilk and oil. Add dry ingredients. Just stir until moistened.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with whole seed roasted flaxseed.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Then turn out on rack to cool.
CategoriesMuffins & Breads