We love a good pesto and the best part is this pesto is nut free!
- 1/2 cup organic roasted hemp seeds
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese ( vegan option: nutritional yeast)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place hemp seeds, basil and garlic in food prcessor and mix until roughly chopped.
- While food processor is running slowly add olive oil in a thin stream and process until fully absorbed and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Adjust with additional Parmesan cheese or oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Nutrition facts per serving: Energy:200 kcal/Total Fat: 20 g/Saturates: 2.7 g/Cholesterol: 0 mg/Sodium: 388 mg/Carbohydrates: 3.5 g/Fiber: 3.1 g/Sugars: 0 g/Protein: 1 g/Vitamin D: 0 mcg/Calcium: 21 mg/Iron: 2 mg/Potassium: 105 mg