Nothing tastes better than fresh home made bread!
- 4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup organic milled roasted hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup organic whole roasted hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp whole roasted hemp seeds for topping
- In a small bowl mix yeast with sugar and ¼ cup water. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix flour with hemp seed and salt.
- Add yeast mixture and gradually water. Knead until dough form a ball.
- Dough should be elastique and firm and not sticky.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Preheat oven at 375 F.
- When dough doubled form a loaf and place on slightly greased baking dish. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Brush with milk and top with roasted hemp seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes
- Approximate values per slice:Energy: 260 kcal/ Total Fat:9.8 g/Saturates: 0.9g/ Polyunsaturates:9.8 g/Cholesterol:0.1 mg/Sodium: 875 mg/Potassium:4.3 mg/Carbohydrates: 31 g/Fibre:12 g/ Sugar:3 g/Protein:11g/Calcium:25%,iron:6% DV DV