This cheese cake is a healthier version of the traditional cheese cake. Using smooth Islandic yoghurt and a super crunchy roasted flax crust.
- 100 g whole roasted flaxseed
- 50 g all purpose flour
- 45 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 500 g Islandic yoghurt SKYR
- 100 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream of wheat
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- For the crust: Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Cut in butter and work mixture unil crumbly
- Press mixture into a 10 inch parchment lined spring form
- For the filling: blend Islandic SKYR with eggs, sugar, lemon juice and cream of wheat.
- Pour into springform and bake 45 minutes at 375 F or inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Approximate values per serving: Energy: 220 kcal/Total Fat:13.6 g/Saturates: 5.1 g/Cholesterol 70 mg/Sodium: 80 mg/Carbohydrates: 16 g/Protein: 9 g/Vitamin D:49%DV/Calcium: 7% DV/Iron: 5 %DV/Potassium: 1 %DV