A healthy start to a busy day.
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup margerine
- 1/2 cup honey or brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp fresh vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mineral water
- 300g (2 cups) whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Separate eggs. Beat egg white until firm.
- In a larger bowl mix butter, honey, vanilla, salt, lemon juice and mineral water.
- In separate bowl mix whole-wheat flour, milled flaxseed, baking powder and add to batter mixture.
- Carefully fold in egg white with batter.
- Spoon several heaped tablespoons of batter on hot waffle grid and bake golden brown.
- Approximate Values Per Serving: Energy: 330 kcal/Total Fat: 18 g/Saturates:2.5 g/Cholesterol:80 mg/Sodium: 140 mg/Carbohydrates: 35 g/Fibre: 3 g/Sugar: 9 g/Calcium:5 %/Iron: 12 %/Potassium: 3 %