Popular appetizer with a healthier twist.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup milled golden roasted flaxseed
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder & onion powder
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise, then cut into 4 wedges for a total of 32 wedges. Place in a bowl.
- In a flat plate mix together panko crumbs, roasted milled flaxseed, cheese and spices
- Drizzle oil over zucchini sticks and coat evenly.
- Press zucchini sticks in panko mixture, making sure sides are heavily coated with mixture.
- Place zucchini sticks peel side down on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
- Adapted & Modified. Courtesey of Mairlyn Smith "peace, Love and Fiber".
- Approximate values per serving: Energy:188 kcal/Total Fat: 10.6 g/Saturates:1.6 g/Cholesterol: 3 mg/Total Carbs: 18 g/Fibre: 4 g/Protein: 6.2 g/LCalcium 7% DV/Iron 14% DV/Potassium: 9 % DV