For a gluten free version use gluten free oats.
Batch doubles easily and cookies will freeze well.
- 2 cups (160g) quick oats or old-fashioned whole oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250g) almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ( 60 ml) Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (60g) apple sauce
- 1 large banana, mashed ( 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (70g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup (75g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (30 g) milled golden roasted flaxseed
- 1/4 cup ( 30 g) whole golden roasted flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Mix until all of the ingredients are combined. The dough is thick and heavy.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion 1/4 cup mounds of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Use the back of a spoon to slightly flatten out into a cookie shape. (The cookies will not spread in the oven.)
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover leftover cookies and store at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- adapted from https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/breakfast-cookies/#tasty-recipes-76368
- Approximate Nutrition Facts per cookie: Calories: 180 kcal/Total Fat: 8.4 g/Saturates: 0.8 g/Cholesterol: 0 mg/ Sodium: 120 mg/Carbohydrates: 21 g/Fibre: 5.5. g/Sugars: 6.3 g/Protein: 5.5 g/ Iron: 1 mg/ Calcium: 33 mg/Potassium: 177 mg