Vegan Gingerbread Cookies are perfect for your holiday baking schedule. These spiced cookies make for a great alternative to decorating.
Makes 36 cookies
Thanks to Larisha Bernard
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine ground flax seed with water and in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. This makes a flax egg.
- While that's sitting, in a large bowl, beat together vegan butter, brown sugar and molasses until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- When flax egg is ready, add that and vanilla to the bowl and beat again.
- Add in flour, baking soda, spices and salt.Stir these together with a spatula until combined. Use hands to form 2 equal size balls.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper, then one ball, then another same size piece of parchment paper on top.Roll out dough to 1/4" thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and cook for 8-11 minutes, depending on thickness and size.